Tuesday, 8 August 2017

Owl Winner, Tag and Cards

Hi All. Welcome to Jumbled Crafts and thank you for calling in.


 I am pleased to announce the winner of the knitted owl from the Colour Choices Challenge

All the names were printed out-one for each entry if you entered more than one tag

Names in strips
Held by me in a bunch
Vic chooses one

The winner is Sandie

Vic was all questions about Sandie and where does she live. Sorry Sandie I don't know where you live so can you contact Valerie at Tag Tuesday to let us have your address please.

A big thank you to everyone who joined in my theme for the last challenge. I couldn't believe all the amazing entries and I hope Sandie will enjoy the prize.


We have a new challenge at Tag Tuesday starting today and our dear team leader Valerie has chosen the theme 'scraps'.






It is great to gather a few leftovers together and make something from them. The yellow card was a perfume box I had cut into pieces. Some other bits were from old birthday cards and they were just in a jar on my craft table. Amazing how they came together to make this tag.

Now to Try it on Tuesday where there is still a week to join in our postcard /mail art challenge. I made some cards using postcards as a reminder of how versatile postcards can be

These are the cards with folded A4 patterned card provided by my daughter-thank you Linda.

I bought a large collection of postcards from Oxfam and have used them in various ways over the years and also given lots of them away. Never thought to use them on cards before and I just fasten them on with tiny brads so the postcards can be removed or kept or even sent through the post to someone else.

Hope to see your postcard/mail art make at TIOT

Love Chrissie xx

17 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your latest theme at Tag Tuesday is wonderful. I think you made a fantastic entry. Your scraps are far better than mine.

I love what you did with the postcards. That's a truly clever way to handle them and allow others to share and enjoy them, too. They are beautiful and your daughter gifted you with some beautiful pieces.

Almost forgot: congrats to Sandie.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous scrap tag, love the bright colours, and the postcards are lovely, too. Congrats to Sandie, looks like you 2 did a real big performance, that's such fun to get a winner. Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

Dortesjs said...

absolutely amazing scrap tag

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous scrap tag Chrissie, we all s have loads of bits and pieces around, that we cannot throw away, so its a super theme.
I was a great idea to use the post cards on cards and even better to be able to recycle them.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Lucky Sandie winning that cute owl. I don't know which is cuter-the owl or those little hedgehogs you made. And I like your latest tag for Tag Tuesday. Nice reminder of what to do with postcards-since I have a big bundle of them. :) Hope all is well. Erika

Rosie said...

A wonderful tag, Chrissie.

And Sandie must be very happy to winning this gorgeous little owl

Joan said...

Love your tag - so fun and colorful!! The chef's saying is perfect for the theme!
The cards you made are very lovely.

carol l mckenna said...

Chrissie ~ your 'created from scraps' is marvelous so colorful and creative ~ love it ~ ^_^

Sue said...

It's an amazing tag Chrissie, such fun, I love th cook lol. What a fab way to use your postcards too xx

sam21ski said...

Great makes Chrissie xx

Mrs.B said...

A great tag Chrissie, bet you've got an interesting scrap box.
Love the Post Card cards and what a great idea of using the Post card as the image.
Avril xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your tag - it is amazing how tiny scraps can add a finishing touch too! I have a lot of postcards that would make great cards, Thanks for this idea! Chrisx

Sandra Wright said...

Hi Chrissie..my gorgeous Owl has arrived and with it many other goodies..
Thank you so very much..I love the Owl, so cute...xx

chrissie said...

Pleased it arrived Sandie and I hope it behaves

Love Chrissie xx xx

butterfly said...

I'm sure your sweet owl will have a lovely home with Sandie - sounds as though they're already getting along. Another lovely scrap tag here - I rarely look that happy in the kitchen, I have to confess. Those vintage florals are beautiful.
Alison x

Let's Art Journal said...

I'm so pleased this fabulous little owl has a new home - Many congratulations Sandra! I love your leftovers tag, it's so clever and all those bits and pieces to beautifully together 😁. What a great idea to use postcards to decorate cards too, they look so pretty. Happy Sunday! J 😊

valscraftings said...

Love your wonderful tag Chrissie x